Sunday, November 15, 2009

When You Have Crossed The River.. Abandon Your Boat!

My best friend and collegue, Mike threw me an advise after i told him that i am having a severe headache for the past few week regards to my personal issues. One morning he came to my table and handing over a piece of paper... and mumbling that this sub-contractor refused to comply with site rules and regulations and want me to take immediate action.. as i open the paper which has been folded .. it was a photostat copy of a chapter 50 from the book title Get richer..Quicker!.. still confused..i just read paragraph by paragraph... the feelings is like i see the light at the end of the tunnel!.. i dont know why i cant just eliminate all unnesasary thing in my life.
"Things that is no longer useful, become a burden. They take up space. Physical space. Too often mental space. Usually, emotional space,too, if they worry you..."

I am caught up with this.. in this phase of my life..

"But having enabled you to cross the river, your boat is of no further use to you. No matter what your boat cost; no matter how valuable your boat was in crossing the river- your boat no longer is of use to you, but its a burden.... So when you have crossed the river, abandon your boat."

Now what i have to do ..is just to let them go and simplify my life.. Thanks Mike!!

2 comments:

hansel.gretel said...

I loveeee ur blog. I love it! i love it! And that Bkt Kamuning pic looks familiar thou. =)

Ashmyn said...

Thanks sis...
for everyhting :)

My book's wishlist

  • Embrace The Struggle - Zig Ziglar